TAURON Capital Group’s Policy of compliance with the Principles of Ethics and Counteracting Mobbing and Discrimination was implemented in May 2019, replacing TAURON Group’s Policy of Counteracting Mobbing and Discrimination in place since 2017. This Policy defines the rules for reporting the violations of the Ethics, Mobbing and Discrimination Rules as well as the tasks, empowerments and obligations of the Ethics Committee.
Additionally, in 2020, due to the epidemic situation, the provisions governing the functioning of the Ethics Committee were changed by introducing the possibility of remote (on-line) processing of reports submitted thereto. The introduction of such a solution allowed for ensuring the proper functioning of the Ethics Committee at TAURON Group’s individual subsidiaries and the provided the possibility of reviewing the reports on an ongoing basis.
There are two sub-committees within TAURON Group’s Ethics Committee:
- Internal Sub-committee, whose members are appointed and dismissed by the Management Board of the given subsidiary, that at the same time appoints the Chair of the Subcommittee;
- Group’s Sub-committee, composed of eight members, appointed from among the representatives of the trade unions operating at TAURON Group and eight representatives of the employers, appointed by the Management Board of TAURON Polska Energia S.A.
DUE DILIGENCE PROCEDURES AND INTERNAL REGULATIONS
The main assumptions used as part of TAURON Group’s Policy of compliance with the Principles of Ethics and Counteracting Mobbing and Discrimination include:
- ensuring compliance with the Principles of Ethics with respect to preventing employee rights violations and conflicts among employees,
- defining the principles of counteracting mobbing and discrimination cases at the workplace and in connection with the performance of work, ensuring the implementation of the labor law provisions,
- undertaking intervention measures and mitigating the effects of identified cases of violations of the Principles of Ethics, in particular the cases of mobbing and discrimination,
- taking disciplinary measures against persons committing violations of the Principles of Ethics, in particular regarding mobbing or discrimination,
- strengthening positive relations among employees.
TAURON Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility Code of Conduct is a regulation supporting the Policy of Compliance with the Principles of Ethics and Counteracting Mobbing and Discrimination, and it includes the Group’s corporate values and the principles of conduct in three areas: employee, natural environment and stakeholders. They provide a guidepost on conduct for all employees.
ACTIONS TAKEN AND RESULTS ACHIEVED
TAURON Group’s Policy of Compliance with the Principles of Ethics and Counteracting Mobbing and Discrimination is implemented through the e-learning training courses aimed at developing and strengthening positive relations among the employees and preventing the cases of mobbing or discrimination, as well as educating the employees. The e-learning training dedicated to these topics is a mandatory training for all of the newly hired employees. The other employees are reminded of the Policy rules through information campaigns and content available on the Group’s intranet website.
In 2020, training was conducted for all members of TAURON Group’s Ethics Committee (both the internal Subcommittees of the individual subsidiaries as well as the Group’s Subcommittee) and the personnel of the human resources management area and the compliance area. The purpose of that training, entitled “Mobbing – legal and psychological aspects”, was to expand and update the knowledge of the employees involved in the activities aimed at counteracting mobbing and discrimination at TAURON Group.